My New Years Resolutions …
I will Learn. See. Respond. Be …
- I will give more of my time, voice, and energy to the disadvantaged, oppressed, and forgotten in my community. (Immigrants, LGBT, homeless, unwed mothers, the illiterate.) To put myself in situations where I am the ethnic minority. If given opportunity, I will tell their stories through word and image.
- I will grow more of our own food. I will learn to can. I will shop locally, especially community based privately owned businesses.
- I will save more, spend less. I will live on a budget. I will continue to not buy clothes for myself for a year, until October, 2010. I will use the library.
- I will help us be a connected family. I will turn off electronics while the kids are awake. I will turn off electronics 4-8pm. And do more together. (e.g. Go to ballgames, the symphony & opera, plays (The Lion King), go camping, …) We will call cousins and other family members.
- I will continue to work at staying depression free. I will work the 12 steps. I will exercise every day, if only 20 minutes. I will taper off Effexor.
- I will write for an hour every day of the work week. About … What I am thankful for. What I want to know. What I think. Who I need to hear from.
- I will read with intentionality. (On race, gender & the church, faith, poverty, global issues …)
- I will play my piano and find an avenue to sing.
- I will work on a photography project with the goal of a gallery showing and work on a website for online sales & exhibition.
- I will take Tom to Big Ben before he’s 50.
A year of images : the people, places and things. I shot this year. (This will take you to a SET of my photography on the www. flickr.com. Click on SLIDE SHOW in the upper right hand corner when you get there.)
Be well, friends. Be well. And if you feel like it, drop me a word about what you’d like to accomplish in 2010.